Happy New Year! Buon Anno! ¡Próspero año! (etc etc, won’t bug you with all the others… n_n)
If the Mayan were wrong
this year is important as I will turn 30 (!). Jokes apart, I like the arrival of a new year, it feels so empowering and inspiring. This feeling usually does not last long but at least that’s how it works for me at its very beginning. And just like every single soul I know on this earth, I always draft a New Resolutions’ list.
This year it took me more time, as it usually is ready by December (at least in my mind). But here they are!
- Read more – and not only the files I’m translating!
- Listen better (sorry to those who I unwillingly cut off and overlap with my voice! I do not mean it!) – and not only to speakers I’m interpreting in the booth
- Travel more – and not only to improve language skills or attend a tweet-up (even though the latter is fun!)
- Have a tidy-ish office – and maybe try harder to be minimal. I know people say I’m tidy already but it’s the ‘live minimal’ that I can’t quite achieve… (but I’m always inspired by Laura‘s http://www.minimoblog.it)
- Go to the gym – not only *pay* the fee
- Stay in touch with those who count – by that, I do not mean those counting numbers per se, like accountants and taxmen, but real friends and family
- Be positive – not only because the Trados analysis is reading ‘100% matches’
- Eat well – that means good food but SMALLER PORTIONS OF IT
- Give more time to me, to my loved ones and to… well, sleeping!
- Update my status – and I’m talking not just Facebook’s! Do things, see people, think positive and believe in the future. Even though it’s all about gloom and doom around us these days.
They seem easy enough points – and rather obvious ones, too! I will try hard. Harder than any other time I tried (not hard enough) in the past.What are yours?